Monday 20 July 2015

Gallo "Romeo and Juliet" Pewter Wedding Chalices, by Bob Maurus

These Romeo and Juliet pewter toasting goblets are often known as "wedding chalices". The artist is Bob Maurus, and they were manufactured by Gallo Pewter Sculptures, dated 1988. Cathy picked them up at a yard sale for $10.

On the bottom they say "More than Yesterday, Less than Tomorrow", referring to the line in a 19th-century French poem "For, you see, each day I love you more, Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow." (link).

Cathy likes to give me a shooting challenge, and these were really tough. It's all about the reflections. Ideally I'd have a huge studio with black walls. The photos are not bad considering I only have a small "pop-up" home studio, I think.






No comments:

Post a Comment